The DigiCert S/MIME Certificate shields your email communications from cyber threats, secures your network with certificate-based authentication, and more!
The DigiCert S/MIME Certificate uses the of power of end-to-end encryption and a digital signature to protect your emails from a number of cyber threats. These threats include spoofed phishing emails, hackers, man-in-the-middle attacks, accidental data exposure and more.
With company emails often carrying incredibly sensitive information, such as such as revenue/fiscal data, customer information, HR files, intellectual property, etc., there is no underestimating the importance of protecting your online email communications.
How It Works
DigiCert S/MIME Certificate protects your emails in two ways:
- Fights email phishing and spoofing. With the DigiCert S/MIME Certificate, you'll be able to digitally sign your emails. This digital signature acts as a digital identification stamp that only you can use. This ensures that your recipients can verify that the email came from you and not an imposter or cybercriminal of some sort.
- Protects against data leaks. Once your email is in transit, it is still protected! This is done with the aforementioned end-to-end encryption. The DigiCert S/MIME Certificate uses state-of-the-art encryption technology to scramble the contents of your email, which means a hacker would not be able to decipher its content if they attempted to intercept it while in transit or on your email server.
More Than Just a S/MIME Certificate
The DigiCert S/MIME Certificate is a multifaceted security tool that you can use in multiple ways to improve your security posture. These additional options include:
Document Signing – This cert lets you digitally sign documents as well. This means that your recipients can verify the document is coming from you (very similarly to how a digital signature works for your email communications). The recipient will also be notified if your document is tampered with. Making it safer to digitally send documents.
NOTE: The document signing feature is compatible with the entire Microsoft Office Suite. However, it is not automatically compatible with Adobe. If you're looking for an Adobe-supported document signing certificate, we recommend the DigiCert Document Signing Certificate.
Client Authentication – In addition to all the other great features, this certificate also offers a way to better protect your servers and network. Passwords just don't offer enough security these days—they're too easy to steal, guess, or phish your way past. Take your security up another level with certificate-based authentication. Make it so only employees with the correct client certificate can access your network.
DigiCert S/MIME Features & Benefits
- Fight email fraud with your digital signature for email communications
- Protect your emails while in transit with end-to-end encryption
- Maintain compliance with HIPAA, GDPR, and other regulations by ensuring sensitive data sent via email is encrypted
- Digitally sign Microsoft Suite documents for a more secure way to digitally send documents
- Protect your severs/network with certificate-based authentication
- 15-day worry free guarantee
- Backed by DigiCert – who is trusted by 97 of the 100 top global banks